reground aims at restoring contaminated groundwater aquifers
by developing a novel technology for the injection of iron oxide nanoparticles into groundwater contaminant plumes. This project addresses mainly arsenic and the known major groundwater contaminants (barium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, nickel, zinc).
The goal of this project is to create a market-ready application to transform the efforts to mitigate the risks posed by toxic metal contaminations to humans and ecosystems.
Regound will enable immobilization of toxic metal contaminations at sites which are currently left untreated due to technical or economic reasons. To that end, the communication and dissemination strategy will concentrate on persuading the stakeholders that this project could offer a new opportunity in terms of sustainability and also have a positive impact on society.
- 16/10/2017 REGROUND is performing a pilot-scale application in Iran
- 16/08/2017 REGROUND Newsletter Nº3: July 2017
- 17/11/2016 REGROUND Newsletter Nº2 | November 2016
- REGROUND is performing a pilot-scale application in Iran https://t.co/CDHZ9LR6kc #GroundWaters #contamination… https://t.co/gVMtX5UCCb
- Our project @RegroundEU was made possible thanks to #H2020 #InvestEUresearch! https://t.co/DVPjrSSfAn
- Today our Project Coordinator Sadjad Mohammadian (@unidue) attends this #water event in Porto to present our projec… https://t.co/zxYS7XH6DC